Thursday, October 3, 2013

Fall in Germany

Well, here we are back in Germany. Left afternoon temps of 95 in Texas and arrived to morning temps of 38-40 here. Went for a walk at 10 o'clock and it was 45 degrees when I got back.
Today is a German holiday. I haven't found out what the occasion is. But, a holiday in Germany means soccer. A couple of pictures below from the local soccer field about a hundred yards from Zeb's place.








The Germans get into the matches. Things got a little loud and a little tense for awhile. As a foreigner I was thinking on retreated to a safer distance from the sidelines, but calm minds prevailed. Just a few yellow cards.
You will never guess what I ran into on my morning walk. Elderberries! I was on a mission to find elderberry pie a couple weeks ago in Ohio. Didn't see any berries growing, but did manage a couple pies. Now, here they are.






Will keep in touch tomorrow. Got ID cards to go on post, but have to get driving papers tomorrow.

Location:Berschweiler

No comments:

Post a Comment